July 2008
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
    1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31    



Recent Entries

February 08, 2007


If it seems like I haven't been posting all that much in the last few days, you're right. School was closed Monday through Wednesday, so I was busy keeping Son entertained.

Yesterday I had to take Daughter back to the dreaded ear doctor, and no, I didn't call ahead to see how long I'd have to wait. I kind of figured when we all (I had to take Son, too) trooped in to the waiting room and there were no seats for me that I'd be there a while. I sat way back in the kiddie section on a very low plastic child's picnic table. At some point I stood up and glared at the nurses behind the glass window because I was starving and they were stuffing their faces.

So, with two hungry children, I waited TWO HOURS. Yes, that's right, two. Just as I was about to stomp out in a huff, we were called back. I guess it's a good thing I stayed around, because Daughter's right ear is packed with crud; she must have had an infection that we didn't know about, since all the gunk would have dripped out the tube. The doctor didn't want to try digging the stuff out and hurt Daughter, so she's going to be put to sleep on the 22nd so he can get in there.

He mentioned possibly removing her adenoids at some point, but for now it's a clean up and see if she has any more infections. Her hearing in her right ear is pretty bad, too.

I looked at him and seriously thought of asking him if that means I have to endure more hellish waits to see him, but I kept my mouth shut.

Daughter, on the other hand, farted quite loudly at the nurse practitioner, which I think conveyed our dissatisfaction at having to wait so long.

And, I'm going to admit that I cheated on my diet. I ate McDonald's. Oh, be quiet. I was starving, and the last thing I wanted was a fookin' salad and a plain baked potato. Bleh!

Show Comments

Posted by Groovyvic at 08:43 AM | Comments (3) | TrackBack (0)

You've got to let your Dr.'s office know that you are uphappy/upset/pissed off that you have to wait so long. See, you should have called first before setting out (I heard you rolling your eyes!).

Posted by: LeeAnn at February 8, 2007 10:36 AM

Yeah, I agree with LeeAnn. One of my departed and crusty uncles (he was a great guy, just didn't pull any BS) waited for 2+ hours once, and just ripped the Dr. up one side and down the other. He never waiting more than 15 minutes after that. I'm not saying my Unc had the greatest tact. Maybe try to the receptionist: "I've been waiting one hour. If you can't get me/son/daughter in within the next 15 minutes, I'm going to reschedule for another time."

But then again, I realize you HAVE to have your kids taken care of...but still....waiting 2 hours? You are far more patient than I.

Posted by: Dave at February 8, 2007 07:33 PM

I am on our third pediatrician for exactly that reason. When I go to the doctor for myself, I go armed with books, newspaper, cellphone, etc. But I do not understand how these people expect small kids to wait more than 15 ot 20 minutes.

Posted by: junebee at February 9, 2007 06:34 PM